MotorSports


Yahoo Sports - United States

Elliott headlines 5 drivers in NASCAR Hall of Fame class (The Associated Press)

Bill Elliott speaks during his induction into the NASCAR Hall of Fame on Friday, Jan. 30, 2015, in Charlotte, N.C. Elliott was NASCAR's 1988 champion, a 44-race winner and the first driver to win the Winston Million bonus in 1985 for winning three NASCAR crown jewel races. (AP Photo/Nell Redmond)

Bill Elliott headlined the sixth class of inductees into NASCAR’s Hall of Fame, a group that included three champions, the first African-American winner and a driver with movie star looks. ”Awesome Bill From Dawsonville” was NASCAR’s 1988 champion, a 44-race winner and the first driver to win the Winston Million bonus in 1985 for winning three NASCAR crown jewel races. A 16-time winner of NASCAR’s most popular driver award, Elliott won two Daytona 500s and the Southern 500 three times. His induction came one day after his 19-year-old son, Chase, was named by Hendrick Motorsports as the driver who will replace four-time champion Jeff Gordon in the iconic No. 24.


Posted on 31 January 2015 @ 5:58 am

Larson wants to build his own legacy in Ganassi’s No. 42 (The Associated Press)

Kyle Larson walks from pit road to his garage after driving in the IMSA 24 hour auto race at Daytona International Speedway, Sunday, Jan. 25, 2015, in Daytona Beach, Fla. (AP Photo/John Raoux)

Kyle Larson, flashing his new Rolex watch, was unfazed Thursday after learning Chase Elliott was going to replace Jeff Gordon in the iconic No. 24. Many NASCAR fans have believed that Larson was the heir apparent to the four-time champion, a notion Gordon fueled with constant praise of the reigning Sprint Cup Series rookie of the year. Only Larson drives for Chip Ganassi Racing, and says he is happy right where he is behind the wheel of the No. 42 Chevrolet. Gordon announced last week that 2015 will be his last in the car, and Hendrick Motorsports has named 19-year-old Elliott has his replacement.


Posted on 29 January 2015 @ 9:40 pm

Chase Elliott to replace Jeff Gordon in No. 24 next season (The Associated Press)

Chase Elliott celebrates after winning the championship at the NASCAR Nationwide series championship auto race, Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014 in Homestead, Fla. (AP Photo/David Graham)

Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon in the No. 24 Chevrolet when the four-time NASCAR champion gives up his seat at the end of this season. The announcement Thursday was expected because Elliott is the reigning Xfinity Series champion and one of NASCAR’s most promising young talents. Hendrick Motorsports had to find a seat for him at NASCAR’s top level or risk losing the 19-year-old to another organization in 2016. ”Chase is extraordinary,” Gordon told AP of Elliott, who is the youngest champion in the history of NASCAR’s second-tier series.


Posted on 29 January 2015 @ 5:50 pm

Richard Petty Motorsports committed to running Hornish Jr (The Associated Press)

Richard Petty speaks to the media during the NASCAR Charlotte Motor Speedway media tour in Charlotte, N.C., Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015. (AP Photo/Chuck Burton)

Sam Hornish Jr. is finally back in the Sprint Cup Series after a four-year absence, in a ride Richard Petty Motorsports insists it is committed to fielding for the entire year. Twisted Tea will sponsor the Daytona 500 and the July race at Daytona International Raceway, and team co-owner Andrew Murstein is willing to provide some funding through his Medallion Bank. Hornish replaced Marcos Ambrose in the No. 9 Ford, and is teammates with Aric Almirola, who made the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship last season. Hornish, a three-time IndyCar champion and the 2006 Indianapolis 500 winner, has not had the same success since Roger Penske brought him to NASCAR following the 2007 IndyCar season.


Posted on 28 January 2015 @ 10:18 pm

Wood Brothers push Blaney’s schedule to 18 Sprint Cup races (The Associated Press)

Ryan Blaney speaks to the media during the NASCAR Charlotte Motor Speedway media tour in Charlotte, N.C., Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015. (AP Photo/Chuck Burton)

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Wood Brothers have pushed Ryan Blaney’s schedule to 18 Sprint Cup Series races this season.


Posted on 28 January 2015 @ 9:57 pm

NASCAR Hall of Famer David Pearson recovering from stroke (The Associated Press)

NASCAR Hall of Famer and former three-time Cup champion David Pearson is recovering from a mild stroke he suffered on Dec. 9. Pearson’s family released a statement Wednesday that says he is ”doing great and well on the road to recovery.” The statement said the 80-year-old Pearson is ”80 to 85 percent back to normal” and a full recovery is expected soon.

Posted on 28 January 2015 @ 9:52 pm

Roush Fenway looks to rebuild after rough 2014 season (The Associated Press)

Team owner Jack Roush, right, listen to a question from the media during the NASCAR Charlotte Motor Speedway media tour in Charlotte, N.C., Wednesday, Jan. 28, 2015. (AP Photo/Chuck Burton)

Roush Fenway Racing enters a season of rebuilding following a self-described ”brutal” 2014 that included just two Sprint Cup wins and top driver Carl Edwards defection to Joe Gibbs Racing at the end of the year. Although RFR placed two cars in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship, the organization failed to win in the second-tier then-Nationwide Series and team president Steve Newmark said the company fell well short of expectations. ”If you had walked through the halls of Roush Fenway during the latter part of last season, there would have been a high level of dissatisfaction,” Newmark said Wednesday at NASCAR’s annual media tour. ”We set goals for ourselves and didn’t meet them.” Edwards won both Cup races for RFR last season and reached the third round of the Chase before being eliminated.


Posted on 28 January 2015 @ 6:59 pm


Speed TV - United States

Feed currently not available

Click here to refresh and see if the source is back online

Racer Indycar - United States

Feed currently not available

Click here to refresh and see if the source is back online

Formula 1 - Great Britain

Toro Rosso debut the STR10 in Spain

Toro Rosso took the wraps off their 2015 car in the Jerez pit lane on Saturday afternoon, just a few hours before the first of this year’s three pre-season tests gets underway at the Spanish circuit.

The Renault-powered STR10 will be raced by the team’s all-rookie driver line-up of Max Verstappen and Carlos Sainz Jr, with the latter due behind the wheel first on Sunday

Posted on 31 January 2015 @ 4:21 pm

Vettel and Raikkonen ready to be patient with new Ferrari

Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen have warned against expecting immediate results from Ferrari in 2015, saying that patience will be key to the Scuderia’s hopes of returning to the front of the Formula One grid.

Vettel, who joined the Scuderia from Red Bull ahead of the new season, says his focus is on building a platform for success in the long-term

Posted on 30 January 2015 @ 11:50 am

Ferrari reveal their 2015 car, the SF15-T

Ferrari have officially unveiled the SF15-T, the car the Italian team hope will return them to winning ways in 2015.

The new machine, which will be driven by Ferrari’s all-world champion driver line-up of Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen, features, amongst other things, a distinctive long flat nose and revised sidepods

Posted on 30 January 2015 @ 11:08 am

Sauber unveil newly liveried C34

Sauber took the covers off their 2015 car on Friday, and revealed a brand-new blue and yellow colour scheme.

The Ferrari-powered C34, to be raced by the team’s all-new driver line-up of Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr, succeeds the disappointing C33 which last year became the first F1 car produced by the Swiss team not to score a single point

Posted on 30 January 2015 @ 9:04 am

Mercedes shakedown F1 W06 Hybrid

Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg got their first taste of Mercedes’ 2015 Formula One car as the reigning champion team completed their first day of running during a promotional event at Silverstone.

Rosberg was first to sample the F1 W06 Hybrid, with Hamilton then taking over – although a blizzard brought the day to a premature close, with the duo having completed 18 laps in total

Posted on 29 January 2015 @ 8:36 pm

Alonso and Button realistic over development of McLaren MP4-30

Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button have expressed excitement about getting behind the wheel of McLaren’s newly unveiled MP4-30, though both are acutely aware that developing the Honda-powered machine will not be easy.

Alonso, who re-joined McLaren from Ferrari over the winter, indicated that he’s prepared for possible teething problems when he gets the Woking team’s pre-season test programme underway in Spain on Sunday

Posted on 29 January 2015 @ 1:53 pm

McLaren unveil evolutionary MP4-30

McLaren have revealed the car that Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button will race in 2015, the Honda-powered MP4-30.

According to the British team, the new machine, which also features a revised colour scheme, is a ‘thoroughly refined evolution’ of their 2014 car with some ‘exciting new technical DNA’

Posted on 29 January 2015 @ 12:06 pm


| Breaking | USA | World | Financial | Politics | Entertainment | Style | Movies | Technology | Health | Green | OpEd | NFL | NBA | MLB | NCAAF | NCAAB | Motorsports | Golf | FAQ |